Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another press for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in the Microsoft Word.
- Where available, DOIs for the references have been provided (URLs if DOIs are not available).
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Press.
Authors who publish with this press agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the press right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this press.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual series for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published by the press (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this press.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this press site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this press and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Peer Review Process
All submissions to be considered for publication will be subject to a double-blind peer review process. To ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review, every effort should be made to prevent the identities of the authors and reviewers from being known to each other. This involves the authors, editors, and reviewers (who upload documents as part of their review) checking to see if the following steps have been taken with regard to the text and the file properties: The authors of the document have deleted their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' name, title, etc. File names do not have any name associated with author or reviewer. Reviews typically are performed within two months.